HellyMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaz' GM Application

Go down

Chaz' GM Application Empty Chaz' GM Application

Post  chaz95 Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Name: Chaz

In Game Name: Chaz

Msn: chaz3568@live.com

Have any experience? Where?: I have played other games, such as Ragnarok, World of Warcraft, etc., and I was a co-/sub-GM in a guild called Under the Moonlight and The Debacle Conundrum, respectively. I was also a GM on a Maplestory private server called Domingo MS, which lasted about a week, since the admin/owner had too much going on. I was also a member of the leadership team at my old middle school, Edward Harris Middle School.

Why should I make you a GM? What can you do?: Even though I may act immaturely at times, if I must be serious, I can and I will. I am an active player of HellyMS, playing pretty much every day. It will take me some time to learn GM commands, but I am a fast learner. I can take criticism, which i know many people can't, and if I am doing something wrong or being rude, I don't mind people telling me to back off or telling me how to do it right. I also like to help people who help themselves, so if someone is having a problem trying to do something, I will be able, and willing, to help them. I also think that being a GM on a game that I have played for years, and a server that is probably one of the best I have ever played, would be an amazing opportunity for myself to work on my leadership and people skills. I know that many people see me as immature, but if I am put into a position to where I must be taken seriously, I will be able to be serious, but still able to connect and interact with other people successfully. I believe I will make a positive impact on HellyMS as a GM, and also as a person.

Why do you want to be (position): I would like to start off as an intern/sub GM, since I do not have much GM experience, even though I do have leadership experience. I feel this way because I believe that everyone must work their way up to the top, not just become(for example) a CEO in a week. Also, I want to be sure that I have what it takes to be a GM, even before I have the same powers as a full-fledged GM, allowing me to step down if I discover that I am not capable of being a GM.

IF you saw a hacker what would you do?: I'm pretty sure most people say the same thing, but I'll give this part a shot. Once I find that a player is under the suspicion of hacking, I would look into my sources. For example(none of the names to be used are actual people, they are COMPLETELY made up), Bob has told me that Bill is hacking. I want to make sure that Bob has nothing against Bill, besides the fact that he is hacking. So, I look into the chat log for any smegas of them fighting, and then I ask a few people if they know anything, such as Jill, who has been sitting in the FM Entrance, just doing nothing. Jill tells me that Bob started talking about how much he hates homeless people. Bill feels sorry for homeless people, and helps them out. Bob and Bill got into a fight, and this is probably why Bob reported Bill for hacking. So, I tell Bob that it is against the rules to report false information, and give him a 1 hour jail.
But, if I find out that they were not fighting at all, I find where Bill is leveling and go into hide mode. I look at his equipment, stats, damage, and level rate. If he has 20 rebirths, has no SRB rings, and is 1 shotting Anego, I take it up with the other GMs and alert them of the hacker. I then tell him that it is wrong, immoral, and against the rules to hack, then give him a temporary ban, with the duration depending on how he reacted. If another player is found hacking soon after I banned Bill, I tell him the same thing,report it to the other Gms, and IP ban him.

Country/Timezone:Pacific Time Zone, USA & Canada, GMT-8

Final notes: I hope that I have filled out each field correctly, have all words/punctuation correct, and made it as easy to read as possible. I know that some parts were lengthy, but it was just to make things as clear as possible.

chaz95

Back to top Go down